Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pond Remodel

We have had a pond in the backyard for several years but it has not been a real successful project. We used a pre-formed pond kit but we couldn't put it into the ground very far because of buried water and electric lines. The pond would get too hot in the summer and the algae became a big problem. We also had a lot of problems with leaking. So this spring Bob decided to redo the pond using sand to form the shape and a liner to hold in the water. Last Sunday we drained the old pond and removed the plastic shape. We used sand (which we have plenty of) to form the basic shape and installed the liner in the bottom section. We are still working on the waterfall part. Apparently I never took any pictures of the original pond so I couldn't include any "before" pictures in the slide show.

No comments:

Post a Comment